The beach La Terriere is located near the town La Tranche sur mer.
The beach is one of the finest beaches in the Vendée. With nice sand and a constant reward of blue flag, makes this beach really worth a visit.
The waters / waves is a bit wild, which nakes it great fun to be there. If you have children, do be aware of the waves and the undertow, it can be dangerous for children.
There is a carpark close to the sands, it can be very crowded during the summer season though. There is lifeguard, toilets and showes. The facilities is located by the textile part of the beach, and therefore not a fast access for people staying at the natruist part of the beach.
I stayed at Le Colobmbier naturist camping when I was there, and got some great driving instructions whhich I will share with you right here.
The driving directions is from Le Colombier naturist camping to the beach:
- From St. Hermine take the D137 in the direction of Lucon (11 km).
- At roundabout go right on to the D949 (5 km).
- At the next roundabout in Lucon take direction “Les Sables d’Olonne”.
- At the next roundabout go to the right. Turn left in the direction of “Les Sables d’Olonne”.
- Follow the D949 for 9km turn left in the direction of “La Tranche sur Mer via Curzon” – D46 (Beware! There is a dangerous left hand turn on a bend to the left also).
- Continue through St. Benoist sur Mer, then at the roundabout take the third exit – D747 – in the direction of “La Tranche sur Mer” (8 km). In La Tranche sur Mer, at the first roundabout turn right, at the second roundabout turn right again. As you enter the village of La Terriere you will see white houses on your left.
- Drive into the centre and follow signs for “La Plage”. Parking is available behind the beach.
- Once on the beach turn right and walk approx. 500 meter to the naturist area (beyond the large white sign).
I got this inforamtion from “Wim De Zwarte” on Facebook. The coordinates for the beach should be N:46° 21.558’ – W:1° 28.524’
Thanks for sharing 🙂
Read more about the Vendee in France: Vendee Guide